PROGRAMA INTERNACIONAL DE
18 and 30 years old
Online / Presencial
International Youth Exchange Program INDEX 2023 (Japan FY2023)
The purpose of the Japanese Youth Goodwill Mission is to develop youths with global perspectives in line with today’s complex global society. In order to achieve the purpose, the objectives are established as follows: the regional themes “Utilization of information technology” and “Responding to disaster and climate change” are set forth, multi-case study concerned with the relevant theme is conducted by sending Japanese youths to the two countries in each región
The INDEX consists of two programs: Japanese Youth Goodwill Mission and Invitation of Foreign Youths to Japan.
The purpose of the Invitation of Foreign Youths to Japan is to deepen understanding on the regional themes through the discussions among overseas and Japanese youths, to promote mutual friendship and understanding and to broaden the international perspectives of youths. Furthermore, to nurture youths who can demonstrate leadership in the global society and who will contribute to the social activities are also the purposes of the INDEX, by fostering the spirit of international cooperation and developing their ability to put into practice.
The FY2023 International Youth Development Exchange Program ~ Online Discussion Program ～ the exchange program shall be implemented online and presencial.
The International Youth Development Exchange (INDEX) Program is an interactive project that started in 1994 in commemoration of the royal marriage of H.I.H. the Crown Prince. This program followed the Japanese Youth Goodwill Mission that commenced in 1959 to commemorate the royal marriage of the current His Majesty the Emperor who was the Crown Prince at that time and the Invitation of Foreign Youth to Japan which commenced in FY 1962.
The International Youth Development Exchange Program run by the Cabinet Office of Japan aims to promote mutual friendship and understanding between Japanese youths and youths of other countries; to broaden international perspectives, to foster the spirit of international cooperation, and develop the ability to put these principles into practice. The objective of the program is to nurture and develop youths who can demonstrate leadership skills in various fields in a global society and encourage social contribution activities by the youths.
Aims and objectives of INDEX 2023
The aims of the INDEX 2023 are to nurture Japanese youths who contribute to resolve global common issues raised in the countries all over the world, who can demonstrate leadership in various fields in the global society and who will make a contribution to the social activities.
Discussions take place with between Japanese and International participants to:
- – Promote mutual friendship and understanding.
- – Broaden the international perspective between participants.
- – Foster the spirit of international cooperation.
- – Develop their ability to put into practice.
- “Utilization of information technology” for European and African region
- “Responding to the disaster and climate change” for North American, and Latin America and Caribbean region
- Participant must be Dominican.
- Age around between 18 and 30 years old (be born between April 2, 1992 and April 1, 2005).
- Fluent in English (English is to be used as the working language of the program).
- Application forms (CV, HR, Consent Form)
- Copy of ID
- Motivational letter
- 1 Half body photo
- COVID-19 Vaccine Certification
- Certification of good conduct
- Photocopy of Passport and American visa (recommendable)
- Show an interest on the topic of "Disaster prevention and climate change"
- Have enough knowledge of his/her society and culture.
- Have healthy mind and body with cooperative personality, capable of participating in group activities under discipline throughout the program based on reasonable accommodation.
- Being able to bear the expenses for preparing the equipment required for the on-line exchange (computers o laptops, internet, etc.).
- Being interested in Japan and expecting to be in charge of expanding the exchange and facilitating the friendship between his/her own country and Japan.
- Being in good mental and physical health, cooperative enough and who can behave in a disciplined way according to the INDEX program.
- Be a first-time visitor to Japan, with no experience of studying or training in Japan (in principle).
- The COVID-19 vaccines accepted by Japan are: Pfizer, Modern, Astrazeneca and Janssen.
Reception of documents: from June 23 to July 14, 2023 at the Ministry of Youth.
¿Cuándo habrá una nueva convocatoria?
Sé el primero en saber cuando tengamos una nueva convocatoria, escribe tu correo y nosotros te notificaremos: